April 27, 2017
- Simon is not the lead singer of the Slants.
- NPR wrote a story about the Slants, Trading in Stereotypes
- Ron Coleman, the lawyer who took Simon’s case pro bono
- Lee v. Tam Oral argument at the Supreme Court
- Simon website has posts about whether the Slants is a disparaging name and multiple posts about the Redskins
- For background, the Washington Redskin’s trademark has been invalidated as disparaging to Native Americans
- Simon Tam, What Whiteness History Month is Already Teaching Us
- Most of those stopped and frisked are minorities. (Background on stop and frisk.)
- Urban Dictionary on slant.
- Simon’s Sidebar: Kendrick Lamar’s new album Damn and the Fresh Prince & DJ Jazzy Jeff’s He’s the DJ, I’m the Rapper