The French President — do we know anything about him?
Thirty-five of thirty-seven economists said Trump was wrong. The other two misread the question.
- The survey asked and comments by the economists. E.g., Austin Goolsbee: “No, but it would put us in the running for a national Darwin award.”
France had an election
- He has a lot of policies that he wants to implement, including reform the 35-hour work week.
- Was Emmanuel Macron a finance minister or economy minister?
- Macron’s political party, En Marche!
- The President of France
- Macron is a neo-liberal Blairite who will have a conservative legislature and ultimately lead to widespread dissatisfaction with progressive movements BUT he’s isn’t fascist.
What is the Macron law?
Good things Macron did:
Five Thirty Eight takeaways from the French election:
- Ring-wing movements don’t tend to overperform their polls.
- Conventional wisdom about shy Nazis is kind of bogus and might be ruining polls
- The French election was the biggest polling misses of the last 50 years
Donald Trump fires Jim Comey
DONALD TRUMP: He made—he made a recommendation, he’s highly respected, very good guy, very smart guy, uh the Democrats like him, the Republicans like him, uh he made a recommendation but regardless of recommendation I was going to fire Comey knowing, there was no good time to do it. And in fact when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders confirms:
“We want this to come to its conclusion, we want it to come to its conclusion with integrity,” [Huckabee Sanders] said, referring to the FBI’s probe into Moscow’s interference in last year’s election. “And we think that we’ve actually, by removing Director Comey, taken steps to make that happen.”
Was Comey good? Was he bad? Or should we not talk about it at all?
- Slate Political Gabfest, The “Deface the Nation” Edition, Where they discuss Trump walking out on Dickerson’s interview.
- The ‘Merrick Garland for FBI’ scheme shows why liberals lose
- Trump threatens Comey with “tapes”
- Marc Fisher for The Washington Post about Trump’s history of taping conversations
Everything We Know about this Supreme Court
This week in our Supreme Court segment, we talk about Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. v. Superior Court of California.
AJ: The Texas Freedom caucus Mother’s Day Massacre.
As the clock ticked — and Freedom Caucus members used tactic after tactic to stall — other lawmakers watched as the chances dimmed for their bills to pass. State Rep. Drew Springer, R-Muenster, delivered a tearful speech begging the chamber to hurry up so it could get to a bill on experimental stem cell treatment that could benefit his wife, who suffered a spinal cord injury.
TJ: Apple, How to shoot on iPhone 7
Ruchit: The cheapness of Richard Burr, not to be confused with Aaron Burr.