AJ and Ruchit read a conversation they had in the slack about Bitcoin out loud to Tom.
Ep. 16, Everything We Know about Impeachment:
- CNN: Flynn providing documents to Senate, first batch by June 6
- Washington Post: Comey preparing to testify before Senate about Trump conversations
- Trump attorney Michael Cohen subpoenaed
- New York Times and the Washington Post allow you to share tips with WhatsApp.
Around the News
People are beating up other people:
- Matt Renaldi calls ICE on protesters outside the Capitol.
- Greg Ginforte body slams and beats up Ben Jacobs.
- Keith Hennessey: President Trump’s tax reform vs. his balanced budget. Hennessey writes a follow-up post about this issue too.
23:23: If you reach this far into the podcast, pause the podcast, go to this link and watch the video with us.
You can watch the full video here.
President Trump has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000. He has built great relationships throughout his life and treats everyone with respect. He is brilliant with a great sense of humor … and an amazing ability to make people feel special and aspire to be more than even they thought possible.
Did r/Bitcoin say it? Or did our friend Arps say it?
In this segment we play a game where we try to guess whether a quote is by r/bitcoin or by our friend Arps.
- There are lots of towns that used to exist but no longer do, due to natural patterns of economic migration. False sentimentality isn’t a countervailing concern. - click for answer
- The FDA kills more people than it saves. - click for answer
- As a libertarian centrist I’d like to pick and choose the best of both parties. Unfortunately increasing polarization makes that hard. - click for answer
- At some point it becomes dynastic - not that you Chelsea [Clinton] apologists see any problem with that. - click for answer
- Winter is coming. Is it efficient to heat the house with old mining equipment instead with regular heating? - click for answer
- Venezuela is a sneak peek preview of how a bernie administration would work out. - click for answer
- Political parties are no longer mere proxies for positions. They are tribal identities, placeholders for moral standing. - click for answer
- Breathing on your own is too “libertarian” for Hillary Clinton. - click for answer
- Politics defeats the market, but technology defeats politics. - click for answer
- Freedom is a mindset and BitCoin is freedom. It wouldn’t surprise me to learn that Trump’s sons hold BitCoin. - click for answer
Everything We Know about this Supreme Court
In this segment we review our Supreme Court predictions. We got some right, and we got others wrong. Currently, our batting averages are: Ruchit (0.630), Tom (0.625), and AJ (0.445).
- TC Heartland LLC v. Kraft Food Group Brands LLC
- BNSF Railway Co. v. Tyrrell
- Impressions Products, Inc. v. Lexmark Int’l, Inc.
- County of LA v. Mendez
TJ: Politwoops preserves deleted tweets by your favorite politicians, including:
- I like your house, Jason Chaffetz
- And I like turtles, Jason Chaffetz
- Best. Termination. Letter. Ever., Liz Cheney
Much like email, which is quite traceable, Bitcoin is pseudonymous, not anonymous. Further, every transaction in the Bitcoin network is tracked and logged forever in the Bitcoin blockchain, or permanent record, available for all to see. As a result, Bitcoin is considerably easier for law enforcement to trace than cash, gold or diamonds.
- Four million pounds worth of bitcoin thrown away.
- In India, Prime Minister Modi took 500 and 1000 rupee notes out of circulation.
Bitcoin’s processing requirements:
Bitcoin’s worldwide computational output is currently nearing 200 exaflops—200,000 petaflops—or 800 times the combined capacity of the top 500 supercomputers in the world.
Bitcoin is a form of convenience technology?