The team fires Ruchit for going on vacation, in an ode to capitalism.
Jim Comey Testifies before Congress
The Senate Intelligence Committee calls Jim Comey to testify.
- Before he testified, the Committee published his pre-written statement.
- Comey is a leaker, but not an unlawful leaker
Comey was asked several questions that we talk about:
- COTTON (R-AR)
- Let’s turn our attention to the underlying activity at issue here: Russia’s hacking into those e-mails and releasing them, and the allegations of collusion. Do you believe Donald Trump colluded with Russia?
- That’s a question I don’t think I should answer in an open setting.
- HARRIS (D-CA)
- Are you aware of any efforts by Trump campaign officials or associates of the campaign to hide their communications with Russian officials through encrypted communications or other means?
- I have to give you same answer, Senator.
Finally, everyone’s favorite Arizona Senator:
- MCCAIN (R-AZ)
- Are you aware of anything that would lead you to believe that information exists that could coerce members of the administration or blackmail the administration?
- That’s not a question I can answer, Senator.
- Adam Liptak finds a case where obstruction has been found when the defendant uses words like, “I hope...”
- John Dickerson’s interview with Donald Trump.
The United Kingdom had an Election
The UK election and the news roundup surrounding the election.
- NYTimes: Britain in Disarray
- Labour: Tory Britain in 2030: Daddy, do you hate me?
- We Demand ad
- From the archive: Strict laws keep UK elections short and cheap
TJ: KenM aka Kenneth McCarthy