Ruchit lived in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia.
Where is that?
Saudia Arabia cuts off diplomatic ties with Qatar.
- Qatar’s supply of natural gas
- The episode of Everything We Know about the American Heartland where Ruchit tells the story of Gulf naming dispute.
- Qatar has the largest U.S. military base in the Middle East
- American universities in Qatar
Why did these countries move against Qatar?
- Qatar may have paid $1 billion ransom:
Qatar paid up to $1bn to release members of its royal family who were kidnapped in Iraq while on a hunting trip, according to people involved in the hostage deal — one of the triggers behind Arab states’ dramatic decision to cut ties with the government in Doha.
- Al Jazeera is funded, at least partially, by the Qatari ruling family.
- 60-Minutes on Qatar
- Trump takes credit for the move against Qatar
- Trump may not have known that Qatar hosts American troops.
- Trump’s razor is a spin on Occam’s razor.
- Qatari World Cup
More things we know about the Middle East
Everything We Know about Technology
AJ was really mad about Ruchit and I continuing the show about Bitcoin without him.
- Apple introduced a new iPad and AJ bought it.
- Baylor Law School hosts an advocacy competition called Top Gun that incorporates technology.
- Trial Pad app for your iPad
- AJ uses PDF Expert
Did the Intercept bungle the NSA leak?
- EFF list of Printers that have tracking dots.
- Why do printers have tracking dots?
- A Case of Identity, a Sherlock Holmes story.
- Ruchit believes twitter has no value, yet wants us to tweet Robin Pecknold and ask him for an interview.
- Fleet Foxes have a new album, Crack-Up
- Mathematical Sciences Research Institute and Simon’s Foundation sponsor Brady Haran’s videos
- The Numberphile
- The Klien bottle