In this week’s episode, we discuss a little of left twitter and David Brooks.
We start with some follow up about Ruchit’s hate of left twitter. Tom’s theory: Ruchit hates left twitter because of selection bias. Ruchit disagrees, but he is wrong.
- Is the left more educated than right?
- Ruchit doesn’t know what #tcot is, but believes he doesn’t have a selection bias problem.
- Greg Abbott tweets at #tcot
Then, AJ clarifies that the New York Times is an establishment paper, more than a left or right paper.
David Brooks describes equipoise as:
It’s the ability to move gracefully through your identities — to have the passions, blessings and hurts of one balanced by the passions, blessings and hurts of several others.
AJ hates this column and David Brooks.
Is the GOP using 800,000 individuals as a bargaining chip in the upcoming budget negotiations?
- Times reports Trump ends DACA program and calls on Congress to act.
- Trump tweets that he will revisit DACA if Congress doesn’t do anything.
- Transcripts of Trump’s call with the Mexican President.
- Hannah Arendt.
Ruchit: Yale Course on listening to Music.
TJ: Lens Rentals shows their gear destroyed by the total solar eclipse.
In the after show, AJ makes David Brooks’ point.
- Powell’s clerk.