Mulvaney brings donuts to his first day of work at the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau.
NYTimes Normalizes Nazis
A voice of hate in America’s Heartland.
- The NYTimes Responds.
Consumer Finance Protection Bureau
The CFPB is established by the Dodd-Frank bill.
- Trump announced that Mick Mulvaney will be acting director of CFPB.
- The same day, CFPB announced that Leandra English will be the acting director of CFPB.
- The Federal Vacancy Reform Act (1998) and Dodd-Frank (2010).
- 2017 OLC memo on succession.
- CFPB General Counsel memo on FVRA.
- Precedent: 9th CA appears to indicate that FVRA still applies when the “unless” clause is met, and it is just non-exclusive. See Hooks v. Kitsap Tenant Support Services, Inc., 816 F. 3d 550 (9th Cir. 2016).
- Deputy Director English has sued to prevent Mulvaney from serving as acting director, hiring Deepak Gupta.
- Congressional Review Act.
[The President] shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate ... shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.
Ruchit wants to buy a house in British Columbia.
AJ: Miss Yeah, the greatest YouTuber of all time.