We discuss Taylor Swift’s Shake it off to start off a show about taxes and the Supreme Court.
- Is it fair use?
- Listen to our previous episode on taxes.
- List of Senate GOP conference committee members; Senate Democratic members.
- Senate bill makes mistakes.
- The state and local tax (SALT) deduction.
- Susan Collins is getting paid.
- Comparison of the House and Senate tax bills.
Masterpiece Cakeshop Ltd v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission
In this case, a baker challenges the state of Colorado’s anti-discrimination law.
- Employment Division v Smith
- City of Boerne v. Flores
- Bob Jones University vs. United States
- The petitioner argues that Masterpiece could not be forced to bake a cake for an interracial couple.
Here are our predictions:
- TJ: 5-4 Cakeshop
- AJ: 6-3 Colorado
- Ruchit: 5-4 Colorado
Ruchit bought some Litecoin and that’s his sidebar?
TJ: DNA sketch leads to suspect confession.