Ruchit would happily trade his iPhone X for a flip phone. Apple gets sued.
Apple Gets Sued over Slow iPhones
Ruchit bought several Apple products this week, yet he’s not happy with Apple:
- Original iPhone tech specs
- iMac carry bag on Amazon
- Reddit user discovers Apple throttling phones.
- Geekbench tests Reddit users theory and confirms that Apple throttles phones as the phone ages.
- Apple makes statement to TechCrunch in response
- Apple releases a long statement on its website
- Apple release notes for 11.2 and 10.2.1 release notes.
- John Gruber of Daring Fireball gives his take on the issue.
- Good episode of the Vector podcast on this issue.
- Apple faces lawsuits about the throttling in Illinois and in California.
- Matthew Panzarino: Apple says iOS 10.2.1 has reduced unexpected iPhone 6s shutdown issues by 80%
- Popular Mechanics on how to extend the life of a lithium ion battery
Supreme Court Predictions
- Ruchit: 7-2 Carpenter (Thomas & Alito dissent, Gorsuch writes majority.)
- AJ: 5-4 United States (Kennedy is the deciding vote.)
- TJ: 9-0 Carpenter
AJ: So, nearly one year into the Trump administration, we checked in with some of the best political cartoonists in the nation to see how they’re drawing Trump, the caricature. In the videos below, they offer their thoughts on the challenge as they sketch the face that launched a thousand pens.
TJ: The Worst & Best airlines in the world based on timeliness.
Ruchit: Here is a picture Tom took in Banff.