Your three artisan lawyers make a prediction about a SCOTUS case, but, first, they make other predictions.
- Naval’s tweetstorm that we don’t talk about at all.
Trigger warning: Ruchit is talking about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies again, so much so that even Tom is tired of hearing about it.
- Ruchit thinks the total value of all cryptocurrencies will reach $2 trillion in 2018 and that, if HeartlandCoin launches, it will reach $200 million. AJ and Tom disagree.
- Tom thinks Randy Bryce will will Paul Ryan’s congressional seat.
- AJ predicts the Apple HomePod will launch in early 2018 and will be insanely good. Ruchit disagrees.
- Ruchit predicts the Mueller investigation will end in 2018 and will not recommend that Donald Trump be charged with a crime. AJ agrees.
Law clerks are a thing.
- Matthew Peterson, Trump’s judicial nominee who withdrew.
- Alex Kozinski & Roberts State of the Judiciary Report.
SCOTUS Prediction: Patchak v. Zinke
- Zinke has a special flag.
- Zinke’s wildfire trip
- United States v Klien
- Ruchit: 9-0 Patchak
- AJ: 6-3 Zinke
- TJ: 7-2 Zinke
- In 2016, Nazi (nah-ZEE) Paikidze boycotted the Women’s World Chess Championship in Iran because she did not want to wear a hijab.
- More recently, Anna Muzychuk is skipping World Rapid and Blitz Chess Championships in Saudi Arabia based on the treatment of women in that country.
- Muzychuk has won the Women’s World Rapid Chess Championship (in 2016) and the Women’s World Blitz Chess Championship twice (in 2014 and 2016).
- Dorsa Derakhshani, 19 year old grandmaster from Iran, was banned by the Iranian chess federation for not wearing a hijab during the Tradewise Gibraltar Chess Festival, so she joined the United States chess federation.
- “[M]y friend who died, and I didn’t know because algorithms.” - @Hellchick
AJ: Michael Lewis has created a new journalism genre: worrying stories about the Trump transition team.
- Inside Trump’s Cruel Campaign Against the U.S.D.A.‘s Scientists
- Department of Energy article.
- Other books by Lewis: Liar’s Poker and Flash Boys.
Ruchit: Texas Tribune, Puzzling Shapes, a history and overview of a Texas district.