Today we discuss everything we know about guns and then some stuff we know about Planned Parenthood. We start with some follow up from Episode 4: Everything We Know About John McCain.
- Jim Jeffords of Vermont
- Chief Justice Marshall’s opinion on the prosecution of Aaron Burr for treason
The Right to Bear Arms
The Fourth Circuit recently issued an opinion holding that assault weapons are not protected by the Second Amendment.
- Slate article on this case
- The M16 vs. the AR-15
- The court analyzes these cases using one of three standards:
- As an aside, what are law clerks?
- One of the most common ways criminals get guns is using straw purchases.
- Women are buying more guns.
- The original Planned Parenthood undercover video controversy and the fact check
- Time published an article on this case.
- According to the Austin Chronicle, the philosophy professor whose testimony failed to impress Judge Sparks was actually testifying in support of a separate state action to require funerary services for aborted fetuses.