Ruchit is in India. AJ is in Texas. Tom is in California. Can we still have an episode?
Everything We Know about the Previous Episode(s)
“Passengers on a domestic flight deplaning in New York were asked to present ID by Customs and Border Protection agents—a likely unenforceable demand that nevertheless diminishes freedom”
The three justices that Udall proposes should retire:
Esquivel-Quintana v. Sessions
- Chevron Deference.
- The rule of lenity.
- Slate Amicus interview with counsel for Esquivel-Quintana
- Judge Gorsuch thought’s on Chevron Deference.
I don’t like the racism
George W. Bush says that he doesn’t like the racism.
- Bomb threats at Jewish Community Centers
- Warned to leave, the Kansas shooting victim refused to abandon the “country he loved,” his wife said, according to the Washington Post
- The 911 Call: “I’m a bartender at Applebee’s and I had this guy come into the bar and he told me that he had done something really bad and he was on the run from the police, and he asked if he could stay with me and my husband and he wouldn’t tell me what he did,” the 911 caller continued. “I kept asking him. He said he would tell me if I agreed to let him stay with me. I finally got him to tell me and he said that he shot and killed two Iranian people in Olathe and I looked it up on the news and there was a shooting three hours ago.”
- Obama says that sometimes we take two steps forward, and one step back.
As an aside, the Onion reports that children are sociopaths.
- The New York Times letter from Dr. Allen Frances, who was the chairman of the task force that wrote the DSM IV.
- The Goldwater rule
What is structural racism?
Everything We Know about this Supreme Court
Here, we make predictions about what the Supreme Court will do. We record our predictions and hold ourselves accountable.
- Endrew F. v. Douglas School District
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. v. Haeger
- The different standards of reviews that courts have.
- Lewis v. Clarke
- What is sovereign immunity?
In this segment, we offer random, unrelated tidbits.
- AJ: Ben Eller on YouTube: What if Metallica’s Kill em All album was all major key?
- TJ: Atlas Obscura, curious and wondrous travel destinations.
- RKS: the Gene: an Intimate History by Siddhartha Mukherjee.