This week, we invite Lara to talk about North Korea because she had objections about our last episode on NK. AJ worries he is socially inappropriate.
- Lara is friends with Tom’s cat.
North Korea Redux
The Washington Post published an article, North Korea could cross ICBM threshold next year:
The new assessment by the Pentagon’s Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), which shaves a full two years off the consensus forecast for North Korea’s ICBM program, was prompted by recent missile tests showing surprising technical advances by the country’s weapons scientists, at a pace beyond what many analysts believed was possible for the isolated communist regime.
- Korean Juche philosophy
- Kim Il-sung.
- Kim Jong-Il.
- Vox, The growing North Korean nuclear threat
- Fox News, U.S. missile defense about 50-60% reliable
- NYT, Difficulty of stopping an ICBM
- Heritage Foundation, What a North Korean Ballistic Missile Threat Means for the U.S. Missile Defense System
- HomeKitty, the link AJ sent over the Slack.
- Francis Fukuyama and The End of History and the Last Man.
Lara: Alaska Dispatch News, Eagles 1, Drones 0.
- Our national mammal is the American Bison
AJ: Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell
TJ: Budget Bytes