Ruchit and AJ promise to block walk for Tom as long as there are only two or three blocks to walk.
Uber has been banned by the City of London.
- Fit & Proper standard
- The Fit & Proper Handbook.
- TFL press release.
- The grayball software that got Uber banned.
We talk about healthcare again
We take a break for a week, and the GOP tries to pass a new healthcare law. Trigger warning: AJ and Ruchit take a deep dive into the technical details of healthcare policy.
- Kaiser Family Foundation on medicaid expansion enrollment.
- The misleading numbers of Graham-Cassidy:
Avalere estimates that it would cause a $215 billion cut between 2026, while the CBPP pegs it at $239 billion. Broadly, the two analyses agree: Graham-Cassidy means less money put toward health care programs.
Both show pretty clearly the trade-off Graham-Cassidy makes: it sends money from states that have high Obamacare enrollment (largely through Medicaid expansion) to those with less robust sign-ups. According to Avalere’s analysis, California loses $78 billion while Alabama gains $5 billion between 2020 and 2026.
- Vox asks GOP politicians what they know about Graham-Cassidy.
- How Cassidy-Graham brings back preexisting conditions.
- Twenty-one million fewer Americans would be covered under Graham-Cassidy.
- Abdominal migraines.
- Heavyxmedical, the Podcast about healthcare and heavy metal.
- Who on the GOP opposes Graham-Cassidy?
- Feds cut advertising to the ACA enrollment.
- Healthcare.gov will be shutdown during open enrollment periods. 
- Trump puts party above country.
RS: BioLite Fire Pit