In this episode, we read Roberts Rules of Order out loud to our audience. But first:
- Reince Priebus fired; General Kelley hired.
This topic started with AJ wanting to talk how he hates America’s system of government.
- Jeet Heer on parliamentary government.
- Turns out, no one really agrees on the oldest running democracy. Maybe it’s the Isle of Wight?
- What’s the difference between a prime minister and a president?
- Does Canada look like the United States?
- Cabinet turnover in parliamentary democracies
- Four types of constitutional crisis. [Wikipedia]
- Donald Trump and the Erosion of Norms.
- Scalia testified in the hearings for the Freedom of Information Act.
- Gingrich and the Destruction of Congressional expertise
When he became speaker in 1995, Mr. Gingrich moved quickly to slash the budgets and staff of the House committees, which employed thousands of professionals with long and deep institutional memories.
Everything Else We Know about John McCain
John McCain made news by voting against repealing the ACA.
AJ: Yo Gabba Gabba!
- Turns out it was Ludacris, not Snoop, that did Llama Llama Red Pajama