Ruchit cites Eminem for the proposition that the FCC doesn’t let him be, but refuses to acknowledge Will Smith’s contributions.
Steve Bannon and the Globalists
We talk about the best way to give cultural compliments.
- Steve Bannon calls Jared Kushner a globalist, and the gang pursues the band ideas.
- Jewish Telegraphic Agency: Stephen Bannon reportedly called Jared Kushner a ‘globalist.’ Here’s why the term makes some Jews uneasy.
- CNN: “Bannon’s faction has come to term Cohn as ‘Globalist Gary,’ an insult for those aligned with the Bannon’s populist views.”
- What is Chapati and papadum?
- What is Philo-semitism?
- Trump patronizing Jewish people:
- The Week: At the Republican Jewish Coalition Presidential Forum in December, Trump drew criticism for promoting anti-Semitic stereotypes while speaking to an audience of Jewish activists, many of them wealthy donors to the party. He suggested that they might not support him because he wouldn’t take their campaign contributions. He called himself a “negotiator, like you.” He said they were, like him, great dealmakers.
- Rolling Stone: In a 1991 book, one of Trump’s former colleagues recalled him saying, “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.” (Trump called the things written about him in the book “probably true.“)
Ruchit has decided that Donald J. Trump is good
But AJ believes that everyone who associates themselves with Trump debases themselves.
- Syrian air base is still in use according to Washington Post. But Trump responds:
- Is this topic is off brand for the podcast?
The FCC passes a rule that requires a lot of privacy protections for consumers of internet service providers. Congress disapproves of this rule. We get into the weeds on this and discus what’s going on here.
First, the FCC classified broadband internet services as a Telecommunication Service:
Congress comes back and rolls this rule back because it’s easier for Congress to do it. Here are some of the things that this rule did:
- Reporting requirements
- Notice requirements to customers when privacy policies are changed
- Consent requirements when ISPs sell customers information
- ISPs have to take reasonable measures to protect your private information
- ISPs have to notify you, the FCC, and law enforcement when they’ve been hacked.
What’s coming down the pipe? The FCC wants to replace net neutrality regulations with voluntary commitments
Everything We Know about this Supreme Court
Ruchit’s Sidebar is a restaurant in New York called By Chloe.
Tom’s Sidebar is Yale’s Climate Change Visualizations
AJ’s Sidebar is Twitter: